With it being so close to my birthday and all, a couple days ago I wrote a note to myself that I want to share about some of the most important lessons I've learned growing up. Hopefully there will be many more years filled with lessons learned in my future. So without further ado....
23. Smiling fools your brain into believing your happy, even when you don't believe it.....try it sometimes, it works.
22. Friends are often times more family than family.
21. But you're family, dysfunctional as they may be, will always be the cement, glue, fixative, whatever that made you you and if that's not enough to love and respect them, I just don't know what the hell is.
20. Strength is found through faith.
19. The color pink looks good in every shade......every shade.
18. Sometimes its just best to be alone, you can never disappoint yourself.
17. If you treat everyone kindly, with respect and a smile, 9 times out of 10, you can never go wrong.
16. Intelligent people can be dumbasses too.
15. Fall in love slowly and try to avoid TOXIC persons; if you have a bad feeling, listen to your intuition.
14. However, its not about finding the perfect person, but finding perfection in the imperfect and flawed. Love is the most powerful drug in existence and you'll know when its right.
13. Eat. Pray.Love...yeah, I know its a movie and book title, but fundamentally, its a fact of life.
12. Sisters are God given gifts, we fight, curse each other out, laugh and cry together and beat up each other's ex's (j/j) Nothing could replace my sisters.
11. When God gives you a talent, you owe it to the world to use it (hopefully for the betterment of society)
10. Volunteering and helping those less fortunate than yourself is the greatest gift...to you.
09. Boy bands are cool and I dont care what anyone has to say about this statement.
08. I will never be perfect, and that's fucking A-Okay with me.
07. Worry is the most useless emotion, clearly unproductive feelings just leave you in a cycle of misery.
06. Everyone has insecurites; but stop comparing yourself to other people!! You will NEVER be so and so, so let it go, and focus on just making you the best person you can be.
05. Never do more for a person than they are willing to do for themselves (you'll save alot of time...and money)
04. Beauty is truly skin deep.
03. Don't be afraid to step out of your comfort zone and try something new, taboo, and ignore the naysayers, usually they're just jealous because they don't have the balls to do the same thing.
02. If you treat your body the best way you can, you can guarantee yourself you will have no other choice but to look great!
01. We always have a choice, always, we can choose happiness, responsibility, peace, and love just as much as we choose fear, sadness, war and hate.