Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Day 12: Mah Daddy!

Certain is it that there is no kind of affection so purely angelic as of a father to a daughter. In love to our wives there is desire; to our sons, ambition; but to our daughters there is something which there are no words to express. ~Joseph Addison



For Day 12, I'd like to make a toast to my one and only Father.  If there's anyone in the world I couldn't be more thankful for it'd have to be Mom, but today Daddy, its you. Here's to raising me with the knowledge that a man can't take too many body shots to the ribs. That eventually boys will become bigger and stronger than me so its not a good idea to hit them because you'd hate to do time (but you would if you had to). That no decent man will ever marry me if I don't learn how to cook and that sometimes you have to put that jersey away and put on a dress for goodness sakes!  Here's to taking the remote control out of my hand and replacing it with an encyclopedia. "If you don't know a word, look it up, then use it in a sentence".  Yes, and teaching me that X-men shall always remain the most badass group of superheroes in existence.  That my fists won't always teach someone respect and surely my mouth will get me in some serious trouble one day, so I ought to think before I speak.  For furthering my inquisition of art, dance, literature and science. Thanks for hooking me on peanut butter pancakes and watching Saturday morning cartoons, every Saturday morning, like clockwork.  For practicing cheers with me, and those `Nsync dolls, yeah, I want those back now. Thanks for always waiting for me at the bus stop so I wouldn't get hurt walking home, even if we only lived only a block away and regardless of how late, cold, rain or snow; weather was irrelevant. Thanks for making me into a Warrior, a stone cold killa grrrr, supa Ninja, power ranga: tough on the outside but soft like fresh playdough on the inside. For wiping my tears away when I broke up with my first boyfriend, second...third.....you catch my drift.  Thanks for kickin my ass when I needed it, some kids just need a whoopin and a hug, I needed many but in other news, bestestest of all, thank you for never letting me justify any excuse to not perform at the highest level possible. I really may be rich one day, I won't forget what you've done, I'll buy you that house. So thanks Dad, here's to you!


Until tomorrow folks!

Reese

3 comments:

  1. This just brought tears to my eyes. Your dad sounds phenomenal! I bet he is so proud of you… you should show him this post… I love it!

    My dad always told me “Heather, YOU HAVE to think before you speak!” haha… must be a dad thing… or we both just have very outspoken personalities and demand to be heard! Even if we don’t think it through!

    Great post… I love it!!! Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankx Heather! I always look forward to your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Reese..
    Just want to tell you that you have a cool blog and loads of beautiful pictures. love it:) Keep in touch. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete