Pages

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Is It All Ready Time to Say Goodbye to Fall?

Well dang. I was just getting warmed up....

What's ironic and funny is that my last Thanks post was about discipline and here I am, about 5 or 6 days short of completing my Month of Thanks series. Sorry, does it count that I missed blogging because of work? I live there currently.  To finish this off, here's my last 6 things I'm thankful for.

#6  Volunteering: I'm very much thankful for the many lessons I've learned helping those less fortunate than myself. Do something nice for someone, it'll make you feel better. I promise.

#5  Mentors: I've cultivated some amazing friggin people on my journey. They've taught me key lessons to becoming a better student, leader and just an all around better person. I wish I could carry them in my back pocket most days.

#4 Audrey Hepburn:
"Everything I learned I learned from the

movies."

— Audrey Hepburn


How am I not grateful for this big screen siren? I said it once and I'll say it again: I live vicariously through Holly Golightly. What would I do on a lonely Friday night without Breakfast at Tiffany's and a bowl of icecream??

#3  Education: I'm blessed to be a public school educated, hell yeah, American girl. I take my education seriously and try to get the most out of it as often as possible. On a serious note, overseas some kids die for the oppurtunity to get what we often take for granted and I won't forget the many women and African-American people who fought to get theirs here also; study on scholars.

#2 My Mom: I'll have to make a seperate post for my momma dearest later on but she's my favoritist person and I'd be insane for not thanking the one who brought me into this world.

#1 Love: Everybody could use a little more love. Every kind is the best kind.

I hope everyone had a most lovely Turkey Day. I worked and slept, completly exhausted to say the least. I swear it was just yesterday the trees were only beginning to change colors and today, well, it snowed. I'm not ready to say goodbye yet. I haven't had enough Pumpkin Spice lattes!! Oh and Starbucks, feel free to sponsor me to broadcast the deliciousness your sweet coffee nectar brings any day wink, wink lol.

Later Gators,

Reese

No comments:

Post a Comment